After you've set up your Mindee account, you need to create your API keys before you can begin making API requests. All the APIs in the APIs Store, which include the Invoices API, Receipts API, Bank Account Details API, etc., can be accessed using a single API key.
Once logged in, you'll land on My APIs page where you will have access to the APIs you are using and a button Explore APIs to explore the off-the-shelf APIs proposed by Mindee.
Click on API keys on the left menu
Click on Create a new API key button.
3. Give your API key a desired name and click on Create API key.
- Your API key will be created showing the date and time it was created. You can then copy your API key and paste it into your coding environments, applications, or command-line tools.
Within the API keys section, you can create multiple API keys according to your needs, retrieve, and delete your API keys.
You may want to use different keys for different environments, for example, one key for development, another for staging, another production, etc. They can be different scenarios in this regard.
To add another API key, click on the Create a new API key button.
You can create multiple keys according to your needs and each of these keys can work across all APIs.
It is important to note that if you delete your API keys, it cannot be undone.
Once your API key is created, the API key can be deleted, but not modified.
- Click on the delete icon located on the left.
- A dialog box will pop out, type the name of your API key and click on the Delete API button.
- Keeping your API keys in your environment variables is a good and safe practice.
- Don’t store your API key directly in your code.
- Avoid exposing your secret API keys on GitHub, on the client-side, or in any other location that is open to the public.
- Periodically change your API keys. To do so:
- Create a new API key,
- Update your application with the new API key.
- Delete the old API key.
Join our Slack
Updated 11 months ago