Documents used in Mindee include semi-structured files such as an invoice, receipt, ID document, W9-forms, train-ticket etc.
Our APIs support different types of documents in different format ranging from images (JPG, PNG, WEBP) to scanned PDF or native PDF. When using PDF files or images, a maximum number of pages and file size is enforced depending on the document parsing API used. See Technical limitations for more information.
We currently support three different payload formats when sending your document to our APIs:
- a binary file: via
- a base64: encoded document via
- a public URL: via
See Prediction for more information.
When it comes to images, our APIs have a quicker upload and processing time.
We currently support
If you want faster processing, then images is a better option compared to PDFs. However, using PDFs works just as fine and will give accurate results as well.
- Reduce very heavy or big images: For faster upload and processing, downscale heavy and large images. However, resizing the image too much will make it impossible to read, as the text will get very small. The rule of thumb is that big images should be resized close to 3 megapixels.
- Do not upscale: Never upscale a low-resolution image on your side! This will decrease the algorithm accuracy. It is best to avoid very low-resolution images, if possible.
- Keep the aspect ratio: Never change the original aspect ratio.
- Do not preprocess images: It is not necessary to transform your image in black and white or change brightness/contrast.
- Limitations: There is a maximum number of images you can send, check the Documentation page of your selected API and see Technical limitations for more information.
Our APIs support multi-page PDF files. However, the processing time may be longer compared to image processing, because we need to convert the PDF to image first.
- Use native pdf: Native PDFs are easier to process and has a higher performance and accuracy rate than scanned PDF.
- Working with several pages: Your PDF may contain several pages. In this scenario, you will receive both predictions at the page level and at the document level. See JSON response scheme documentation for more details.
- Using the cutPdf option: cutPDF is available when using the SDKs. This option is used when sending multi pages pdf of more than 5 pages.
- Limitations: There is a maximum number of pages you can send, check the Documentation page of your selected API and see Technical limitations for more information.
Updated about 2 months ago